ACCOUNTS PAYABLE OFFICER
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Accounts Payable Officer you’ll work within our Accounts Team to manage, maintain and reconcile vendor invoices in Microsoft Dynamics AX; schedule intercompany and overseas invoices for payment; and liaise with other departments to resolve any discrepancies.
You must have experience with EXCEL spreadsheets, Microsoft AX Dynamics and Microsoft database before you apply for this role. Past experience with medium manufacturing or industrial businesses is also highly desirable.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The range of duties you can expect with this role will include:
- Maintaining vendor invoices, invoice scanning into Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Reconciling vendor invoices, purchase orders, and product receipts
- Reviewing vendor invoices for supporting documentation and resolving any issues
- Processing local and overseas vendors invoices in various currencies by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing payment summaries, and managing purchase orders, contracts, invoices, documentation and payments (including resolving any discrepancies).
- Monitoring accounts to ensure payments are processed
- Ensuring accurate recording of GST components
- Processing monthly corporate credit card statements, including coding transactions and ensuring supporting documentation has been lodged.
- Reconciling accounts payable transactions
- Corresponding with vendors and responding to enquiries
- Assisting with month-end closing
- Providing supporting documentation for audits
- Maintaining accurate historical records
- Maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Entering and updating vendor names and data, and checking the ongoing validity of vendor information for data retention
- Providing accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function
- Monthly processing of accruals and prepayments
- Monthly reconciliations of vendor’s statement of account
- Maintaining confidentiality of organisational information
- Providing ad hoc administrative duties
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
To be considered for the position, you’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or similar field preferred
- Three or more years related experience
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational, pressure and time management skills
- Great ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
In addition to your professional qualifications and abilities, we’d like you to bring:
- A collaborative working style, backed by confident and professional communication skills
- Sound computer knowledge and skills
- The ability to learn, multi-task, and work in a team environment
- A willingness to take directions, keep learning and show initiative
- A flexible attitude
- A practical mindset with good attention to detail
You’ll also need to be:
- Punctual and reliable, with a good work ethic
- Organized, self-motivated, with a can-do attitude
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking for an interesting and diverse Accounts Payable role with strong links to manufacturing and agriculture, we’d like to meet you.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Applicants MUST be eligible to live and work in Australia.
HARDI Australia is committed to gender balance in the workplace.
Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accounts payable officer?
- Do you have experience in administration?
- Do you have previous invoicing experience?
- Have you completed a qualification in accounting?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?